SEATTLE TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Do you need the help of a Washington truck accident attorney? Trucking accidents happen every day in Washington, and no one can predict when an accident will result in a serious injury or wrongful death that may require the help of a knowledgeable and experienced personal injury attorney. Truck accident cases are treated differently from other auto accident cases because they involve professional drivers. A separate set of rules and regulations are attached to commercial truck drivers, as opposed to regular drivers, because the road is their workplace. We are experienced in lawsuits showing that these drivers did not live up to their professional responsibilities.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an accident, you need an attorney who knows how to investigate these types of matters fully and take the appropriate actions. In some cases professional truck drivers are found to be at fault, while other accidents are caused by negligent trucking companies or poor road conditions. Call us today at 206-330-0212 if you have been involved in a truck accident.
Crash statistics have shown that at least 20% of large truck accidents are due to some form of driver negligence. Following are some common causes of truck accidents:
- Driver Fatigue
- Truck Overturns
- Vehicle Collisions
- Transporting Equipment with Trailers
- Overloaded Trucks or Trailers
- Loads That Shift Weight
- Semi trucks jackknife in traffic
Every 16 minutes another person in the United States will be injured or killed in a truck-related accident. At least a third of the injured truck accident victims will suffer either fatal or at least life threatening injuries.
At Dixon Law Firm, our lawyers are dedicated to helping victims of truck accidents recover full compensation. All of our legal services are handled on a contingency fee basis. Fees are not charged for the initial consultation or subsequent work unless we recover money for your injuries or loss. In the event we are unable to recover damages for your costs, you will not be charged for our time. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or disabled, or you simply need more information, please call us at (206) 330-0212.
Trucking Accident Leads to $775,000 Settlement
Our client was rear-ended by a semi-truck on a freeway which resulted in her suffering from a mild traumatic brain injury. Despite clear liability, the national trucking company denied her claim, and tried to bully her into settling for a low ball offer. We vigorously prosecuted her claims; and through our exhaustive efforts and steadfast resolve, we were able to force the defendant to settle the case for an amount that was acceptable to our client and on her terms.
SEATTLE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Fatal motorcycle accidents have been on the rise for several years. Because a motorcycle rider has much less protection, motorcycle accidents have a much higher incidence of death and serious injury per accident than car accidents. Because of their size, motorcycles are often not seen by automobile drivers, particularly bus and truck drivers. Dangerous road conditions also affect motorcyclists much more than automobile drivers.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, you may have a claim to recover losses resulting from the motorcycle accident. A lawyer at our firm will analyze records of the crash and determine what sources of compensation are available to help you rebuild your life. Please contact our office at (206) 330-0212 if you would like to speak with an attorney about your case.
If you suffered serious injuries or death as a result of the accident, it is necessary to file a personal injury claim and pursue legal action to recover the compensation to which you are entitled. The personal injury claim and lawsuit should be filed against the responsible parties for financial losses such as medical bills, property damage, and lost wages; as well as non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering. It is important that your lawyer work with the appropriate medical and economic experts to calculate the full value of your claim.
Questions our attorneys will ask include:
- Did the driver of another vehicle fail to yield right of way and cut off the motorcycle?
- Was the crash the result of dangerous road conditions?
- Was the biker hit by a drunk driver?
- Was the accident caused by defective equipment?
- Did the insurance company offer a reasonable settlement for a serious injury?
- If the victim suffered a permanent disability such as quadriplegia, paraplegia, or brain damage, what is the true cost of life care?
At Dixon Law Firm, our trial attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of motorcycle accidents and their families recover full compensation for their losses. If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed as a result of a motorcycle accident, or you simply need more information, please call (206) 330-0212 or fill out the Free Case Review below.
Motorcycle Accident Leads to $1,000,000 Settlement
Our client was seriously injured while riding his motorcycle when a government contractor driving a rental car negligently made a left turn in front of him. The collision resulted in severe injuries to our client’s foot and ankle. After fighting the government for years and declining their low ball offers we were able to obtain a million dollar settlement for him.
SEATTLE BOATING ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
If you or a family member have been injured in a boating, diving, charter boat, or personal watercraft accident, contact the boating accident lawyers of Dixon Law Firm, PLLC. We have extensive experience in obtaining compensation for victims of personal injury relating to vessels at sea or inland waters of Washington.
Dixon Law Firm has represented clients throughout Washington in various types of boat and watercraft accidents:
- Private boats — The operator of a private vessel owes an absolute obligation of safety to any passengers. We handle all types of injuries, including collisions with other boats, docks or bridge abutments, or people thrown overboard or injured on deck when bounced around.
- Charter boats and ferries — Captains of commercial launches and ferry boats are held to a high standard of responsibility. The operators and owners are responsible for injuries related to crashes or passengers injured because of the decision to sail in rough seas.
- Personal watercraft — Dixon Law firm handles “waverunner” or “jet ski” accidents, including collisions with other boaters or fixed objects, swimmers hit by a PWC, and people injured when thrown from a personal watercraft. We examine possible design defects and individual negligence.
- Drunk boating — Operating a boat or watercraft while intoxicated is a criminal offense, and drunk boaters who cause accidents are liable to victims for any injuries caused.
Victims of boating injuries can collect damages for medical expenses and future care, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life. In a fatal boating accident, family members can collect for expenses, emotional trauma, and loss of net accumulations and contributions of the loved ones.
Dixon Law Firm is knowledgeable about maritime law and other Washington laws pertaining to these injuries, investigates immediately, and aggressively seeks maximum compensation.
At Dixon Law Firm, our lawyers are dedicated to helping victims of boating accidents recover full compensation. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or disabled, or you simply need more information, please call us at (206) 330-0212.